Saturday, October 1, 2016

Celebrating the 150th Challenge at Left of Center


A huge congrats to the Left of Center Challenge Blog as they celebrate their 150th Challenge which starts TODAY!  WooHoo!  How apropo that this auspicious occasion falls on the 1st of October with the theme of Left of Center. I love that LOC has stayed true to it's roots and has always allowed those dark themed and "alternative" projects a place on their stage and I enjoy playing in their challenges as often as I can.  The East Wind is sponsoring this time and TEW DT members were invited to be their Guests. How could I refuse?  I made a simple easel card using my favorite "hell fire" image from my stash and the gorgeous Lucy Loo Devil.  Tell me she's not HOT!



Here's a closeup of Lucy Loo.  I kinda wanna BE her for Halloween.  Don't you? I used the NB png version of the image (did you know that many, if not most, of the TEW images come in several versions for one low price?) and printed her directly on the digital background so she'd look engulfed in flames.  Then I colored her with Copics with a bit of shading with my Prismacolor pencils.  The sentiment is computer generated and cut and pasted on the background and I did a bit of distressing with my scissors around the edges of hell.  I really wanted to burn it, but was afraid my work might just go up in smoke.



I printed more flames for the base of the easel and again finished the sentiment off on my computer.  It was die cut with Spellbinders Labels Five.  Two bat medallions from Recollections hold up the easel.  Yeah, I'll bet she knows a shortcut.  Wait for me!

Thanks so much to Left of Center for this fun opportunity to join you and here's to the next 150 fab, fun challenges.

I'm entering this in the DL.Art October Linky Challenge, Simon Says Stamp ATG, Ching-Chou Kuik October Halloween or Something Spooky, Copic Spain Challenge Halloween, Country View Challenges October All Things Spooky, CCC Digi Creations ATG, Inspiration Destination ATG and Dream in Darkness ATG.


7 comments:

  1. LOVE your devilish lady! Love your absolute wicked sense of humor, too! Great bright colors and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Dream in Darkness!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Donna, the image is fabulous and your coloring is brilliant! I can feel the heat radiating from it!! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this devilish card Donna. The image is colored beautifully. I love her red highlighted hair. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes October Linky Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is certainly hot Donna....what a great background and colouring. Thanks for joining our all things spooky challenge over at Country View x
    Jane DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project! I love the colors. Thank you so much for joining us at Inspiration Destination. Good luck!!! Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is fabulous ! Thank you for joining us for the 'All things Spooky" Challenge over at Country View Challenges !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous merging of image into those awesome flames! Fab coloring of course! Love this! Thanks for playing with us at Dream in Darkness this most spooky month! Nan, CT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!